Lance Corporal Matthew J Fortney

Lance Corporal Matthew J Fortney

Matthew & Autumn Strock Wedding

Matthew & Autumn Strock Wedding
The FAM - Jimmy, Autumn, Matt S., Pammy, Matthew

Monday, December 8, 2008

Chrismas Tree Set Up ... Check

On Tuesday night I harangued Jimmy into setting up the tree and putting on the lights. Our usual Christmas Tree Bickering ensued - 2 hours - and the tree is now set up in the corner of the living room. (Picture to be posted later tonight)

On Tuesday 12/23 - Matthew's first evening home - we will decorate the tree with our crystal balls and icicles and the special family ornaments that we have collected over the years.

Why is the Christmas Tree in the corner ... instead of the same place it has been for the past 22 years?

Well ... The front door has been accessible for the past 10 years, due to Jimmy breaking off the key in the lock (only exit is possible). Since space is always tight in the living room at Christmas time after setting up the tree, I decided to rearrange things this year.

As a reboot to the organizing and purging stuff from our house, I have packed up all 650 VHS tapes of my movies in boxes. I was going to just pitch them, as they are movies I have taped over the past 20 years from HBO and Showtime - usually three movies on a tape. However, Neighbor Deb saw them and claimed them as hers. Her mom hasn't upgraded to the DVD format and she can't rent VHS tapes from Blockbuster anymore. So her mom will have enough movies to keep her busy for a lifetime. I printed down an alphabeticl and numerical list of all the movies and she'll have a good ol' time

The bookcases that housed the VHS tapes have been re-arranged. One is now for the sole purpose of my DVD collection - which continues to grow. The other is for my photograph/scrapbook albums (50+). The other bookcase was taken upstairs to be stored in one of the bedrooms until after the holidays when I can begin to sort through both of the extra bedrooms and begin to organize my library and guest room.

No comments: