Lance Corporal Matthew J Fortney

Lance Corporal Matthew J Fortney

Matthew & Autumn Strock Wedding

Matthew & Autumn Strock Wedding
The FAM - Jimmy, Autumn, Matt S., Pammy, Matthew

Thursday, February 5, 2009

#3 THURSDAY THIRTEEN - 13 Books I Must Have on a Deserted Island










If you want to play stop over at http://thursday-13.com/

1. GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret Mitchell - My all-time favorite book. I read it every summer ... Who knows how long I'll be on the deserted island.

2. to 8. HARRY POTTER 1-7. I realize this may seem like a cop-out ... but I must have all 7 books ... I mean if I'm going to be stranded on a deserted island ... I need the complete set.

9. IMMORTAL IN DEATH by J.D. Robb - this is the 3rd in the series ... but it is my favorite. This is the one where Mavis is framed for murder and Eve has to clear her best friend ... and shop for a wedding gown.

10. DEAD BEAT by Jim Butcher. Butcher's seventh Dresden Files novel. Harry Dresden, a wizard PI living in Chicago with his half-brother, who's an incubus, and his dog, Mouse, learns that his friend, a Chicago police officer specializing in occult investigations, is being blackmailed by a vampire. To thwart the various ghouls, sorcerers and body-stealers in their evil quest, Dresden must turn for help to a reluctantly heroic medical examiner, Waldo Butters; a pack of werewolves, the Alphas; and a fallen angel, disguised as a bookstore clerk.

11. MR. PERFECT by Linda Howard. This is an older Linda Howard ... but it is still my favorite of hers. I just wish they would release it on cd-unabridged. During drinks one TGIF session ... they come up with a list of attributes for Mr. Perfect. Sam might not be perfect ... but he sure does come close. My favorite scene is him drinking his juice in the morning in the kitchen with the drapes open. Yummm.

12. LOVER ETERNAL by J. R. Ward. I love all of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books ... but I think Rhage is my favorite. The whole beauty vs. the Beast and how Mary tames the beast.

13. SEASWEPT by Nora Roberts. One word: CAMERON!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens! You're next!

Thursday Thirteen hub

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments: