Lance Corporal Matthew J Fortney

Lance Corporal Matthew J Fortney

Matthew & Autumn Strock Wedding

Matthew & Autumn Strock Wedding
The FAM - Jimmy, Autumn, Matt S., Pammy, Matthew

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

25 Things About Me

1. My first car was a 1966 Dodge Dart, painted baby blue. My boyfriend at the time, Rob, put on L-50 tires & Kregor wheels. It looked like a race car, but it was just a little 225 slant/6 and ran like it.

2. I once met Ceasar Romero. It was in Ontario in a restaurant. He was very gracious and even smiled when I said "You're the JOKER!"

3. I always wanted 3 kids. But Jimmy was happy with 2. And I'm blessed that I have the two best kids in the world!

4. I did not play any organized sports in school, but I loved neighborhood games (box hockey, kick the can, flashlight tag, etc.)

5. My step-daddy was Postmaster of the Boalsburg Post Office. He used to yell at the kids when they would go in the Post Office. Most of Boalsburg was afraid of him. I was too, until I saw him with my kids. He was a big marshmallow.

6. I learned to swim at the Elks Club. It was the 60's and the pool was not heated. Swimming lessons were at 9 am. It was freaking FREEZING.

7. My favorite cake was made by a bakery, which is no longer in business. It was a Raspberry Chocolate Gnache Torte. It was FREAKING AWESOME!!! If I could find the woman who owned the Tollgate Bakery, I'd pay her any amount to make that cake for my birthday.

8. I was engaged to 3 different other men before getting married. No. I did not keep the rings.

9. I love to drive. I will drive anywhere. I'm a very lousy passenger. Hate to be a passenger. Love to drive.

10. My high school band was invited to Germany for competition to open for the Olympics in 1972. There were 20 chaperons to 500+ kids. Did we have fun? You do the math. ;)

11. Stolen from FRIENDS episode 3.05 - The gang all consider what five celebrities would be on their "freebie list"--people they can sleep with without anyone getting upset; My five would be: 1) Lance Armstrong; 2) Ken Wahl; 3) Chris Noth; 4) Jason Statham and 5) Hugh Jackman.

12. My dream car is a an updated version of my 1978 blue Z-28 Camaro. The 2010 Camaro would be the first car I buy when I win Lotto. And it will be blue - the same blue as my 78 Z-28. And it has to be a 5-speed. I miss my stick!

13. I like to cross-stitch in cool weather, but haven't had the time for the past 5 years. This winter I will start cross-stitching again.

14. If I talk to a person more than a hand full of times on my cell-phone, I assign them their own ring, so when I hear it I know it's them calling. I download a song that reminds me of them.

15. My first job was as an ice cream scooper at the Yum Yum Tree in the Nittany Mall in the fall of 1972.

16. My favorite colors are Blue & White for PSU (duh) -- followed by pink.

17. I am horrible at math. That's why I gave birth to an accountant. So I don't have to do math anymore.

18. My first concert was in the spring of 1972 - The Beach Boys at Rec Hall, Penn State.

19. Other concerts I have gone to (# of times). I'm not saying I REMEMBER all of them, but I did go to them. ;) Liza Minnelli (1), Gary Lewis & The Playboys at Steel Pier (1), Yes (1), Chicago (1), Iron Butterfly (1), Linda Ronstadt (1), Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons (1), Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band (2), Grateful Dead (5), Three Dog Night (3), Beach Boys (6), John Denver (4), Grand Funk Railroad (1), Billy Joel (7), Chuck Mangione (1), Fleetwood Mac (1), Average White Band & Wild Cherry (1), Todd Rundgren (1), KISS (1), Rod Stewart (6), Eagles (3), Billy Joel & Elton John (1), Kenny Chesney with Dierks Bentley & Keith Urban (1), Kenny Chesney with Sugarland (1), Kenny G (1), Hootie & The Blowfish (1), Barry Manilow (3), Toby Keith (1), Davey Jones-Peter Noone-Bobby Sherman (1), Diana Krall (1), and NKOTB (1) just this past March. Yes. I'm reliving my teen years!

20. When I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered on Mt. Tussey facing Mt. Nittany.

21. I watch movies over, and over, and over, and over again. I love movies!

22. I love different music for different times. Country, Classic Rock & Disco - for driving, cleaning and dancing. Classical & Instrumental New Age - for reading and relaxing. Gospel & Hymns when I am feeling the need to be in touch with God.

23. My #1 dream trip I want to take is to Scotland and Ireland to trace my ancestors. My father's side are from Scotland (Mercer) and my mom's are from Ireland. But since my mom was adopted, we have no information on her biological parents, so I will trace my grandmother's family (Sweeney).

24. I love all veggies. Except spaghetti squash. Spaghetti should be made out of pasta. Never squash! :::shudder:::

25. I love the Internet. It is responsible for most of my current relationships. 99% of my close friends have all been either met or reconnected through the internet. God Bless The Internet.

1 comment:

Dory said...

I love your last one - and will give it a big Amen sister!"

Thanks for coming by! Borrow my 13's if you'd like. :o)